Feb 16, 2018
MALDEN, Mass. – The Bowdoin men's hockey team dropped a 4-2 decision at Tufts on Friday evening.
The Polar Bears fall to 8-15-0 (5-12-0 NESCAC) in a key NESCAC matchup with the Jumbos (5-14-4, 4-10-3 NESCAC).
- The Jumbos jumped out to an early lead 1:05 into play. Mason Babbidge converted from near the right post.
- Bowdoin responded with a pair of goals within two minutes of each other in the 16th and 18th minutes. Matthew Lison put Bowdoin on the board as he buried a rebound off a shot by Jason Nawrocki.
- Ronnie Lestan beat Nik Nugnes with a wrister from the left circle.
- Tufts tied the game at 14:02 in the second as Brian Brown bested Alex Zafonte.
- With less than five minutes to play in the game and the score tied at 2-2, Tyler Scroggins possessed the puck in the offensive zone and found Charley Borek in the left circle, who put the puck top corner far side.
- The Jumbos iced the game with an empty-netter.
By the Numbers
- Both teams went 0-for-3 on the power play
- Zafonte made 30 stops for the Polar Bears.
- Nugnes made 38 saves for the Jumbos
- Bowdoin concludes the regular season at Connecticut College on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.