Feb 03, 2018
CLINTON, N.Y. – The Bowdoin men's hockey team fell 5-3 to Hamilton on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears drop to 7-13-0 (4-10-0 NESCAC). The Continentals improve to 13-6-1 (7-6-1 NESCAC).
- The hosts jumped out to an early lead with a power play goal 5:52 into the game. Rory Gagnon buried a feed from Sean Allen and Brandon Willett.
- Bowdoin evened the score at 3:16 in the second period as Spencer Antunez finished off the dish from Bradley Ingersoll.
- Hamilton responded three minutes later to regain the lead. Again, the Polar Bears answered at the midway point of the frame as Matthew Lison tallied an equalizer. Sam Topham recorded an assist on the play.
- The Continentals rattled off a pair of quick goals in the final three minutes of the second period to head into the final intermission leading 4-2.
- Bowdoin chipped away at the lead with another power play goal five minutes into the final from Cody Todesco.
- Hamilton iced the game with an empty netter in the last 27 seconds.
By the Numbers
- Alex Zafonte made 28 saves for the Polar Bears.
- Anthony Tirabassi made 29 stops for Hamilton.
- Both teams went 1-for-2 on the power play.
- The Polar Bears host Wesleyan on Saturday, February 10, at 7:00 p.m.