BRUNSWICK, Maine – Six individual players scored for the Colby men's ice hockey team en route to a 6-1 victory over Bowdoin on Saturday evening.
The Mules swept the series for the second consecutive year to climb to 4-2-0 (3-1-0 NESCAC). The Polar Bears fall to 2-5-0 (1-3-0 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin scored on the power play 11:13 into the game, taking a 1-0 lead. Bradley Ingersoll and Daniel McMullan traded the puck at the top of Colby's zone with McMullan taking possession in the high slot. The senior slid a pass towards Ingersoll at the right point for a one-timer that found the back of the net.
- The Mules tallied an equalizer with 47 seconds remaining in the first period, converting on the man-up advantage. Spencer Hewson teed a shot up from the top and Nick O'Connor deflected the puck five-hole.
- Colby took its first lead of the game 2:34 into the second period. With Peter Cronin on the ice near the left post, the puck squirted free for Zack Hale to put back an open look at the goal face.
- Andrew Reis added to the goal tally for Colby with a shot from the left point 8:49 into the frame. Billy Overby found Andrew Reis at the left point who fired a shot on net which deflected off Nick O'Connor's shoulder and into the net.
- With 1:16 to play, Michael Rudolf buried the puck with another deflected shot coming down the left side.
- Mario Benicky put away a rebound off a Kienon Scott shot with five minutes left in the game.
- Scott added another goal for Colby, becoming the sixth player to score, with a deflection off an O'Connor shot.
By the Numbers
- Sean Lawrence made 32 saves in the win for Colby and earned the Peter Schuh Trophy for game MVP.
- Cronin made 29 stops for Bowdoin.
- Colby went 3-for-8 on the power play.
- Bowdoin was 1-for-3 on the power play.
- Bowdoin travels to USM on Tuesday night game at 7:00 p.m.
- Colby plays next Friday at home against Connecticut College with a 7:00 p.m. start.