NEW LONDON, Conn. – Cody Todesco netted his second hat trick of the season to lead the Bowdoin men's ice hockey team to a 4-3 win over host Connecticut College on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears complete the league weekend sweep to climb to 6-4-0 (3-3-0 NESCAC). The Camels fall to 1-6-1 (1-4-1 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin scored three goals in a three minute span midway through the opening period. Thomas Dunleavy got the Polar Bears started at 11:02 with feeds from Spencer Antunez and Matt Sullivan. Cody Todesco put one away 30 seconds later, with an assist from Caleb Perez. Todesco followed up with his second of the period at 14:37, with helpers from Austin Ricci and Chris Wallace.
- The Camels pulled within one after a pair of goals in the second. Brian Belisle broke through shortly after time expired on a Bowdoin penalty to tally his team's first at 3:42. Jeff Thomas made it a one goal game at 10:17, capitalizing on the power play.
- Connecticut College tied the game just 15 seconds into the final frame. Belisle scored his second of the afternoon to erase the early 3-0 hole on a power play.
- Todesco capped the hat trick with a game-winner 13:21 into the third. Christian Capello and Brendan Conroy recorded the assists.
- Erick Wurman earned the win in net for Bowdoin behind a 26 save performance.
- Avery Gobbo played the first 5:20 of the game with four saves before Tim Cooney came in for the remainder of the contest with 23 saves.
- Bowdoin was 0-for-2 on the power play. Connecticut College was 2-for-7 with the extra skater.
- That Polar Bears end the semester on a three game win streak. Bowdoin returns to the ice on January 6 at Amherst with a 7:00 p.m. start.