AMHERST, Mass. – The Bowdoin College men's basketball team suffered its second NESCAC setback in as many days as they fell to Amherst, 86-62 on Saturday afternoon.
The Mammoths improve to 15-3 (3-2 NESCAC) while the Polar Bears fall to 11-7 (2-4 NESCAC).
- The Polar Bears stayed within striking distance in the first half, trailing 26-20 midway through the frame.
- Amherst took control with a 13-4 surge, pushing their lead to double digits late in the period.
- The hosts carried a 46-32 lead into halftime thanks to ten points from Joseph Schneider.
- Bowdoin couldn't climb back into the contest, and hit only 1-8 from three-point range in the second half
By The Numbers
- Amherst finished at 53% shooting while holding Bowdoin to just 38% for the game.
- David Reynolds led Bowdoin with 18 points while Zavier Rucker added 15 and three steals.
- Jack Simonds had 10 points for the Polar Bears as well.
- Fru Che and Eric Sellew paced Amherst with 15 points each.
- The Polar Bears will head to Maine Maritime on Monday evening at 7:00 p.m.