Posted: Dec 30, 2018
WALTHAM, Mass. – The Bowdoin College men's basketball team returned from break with an impressive 64-58 road victory at Brandeis on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears improve to 7-3 while the Judges drop to 7-3.
- The Judges came out firing, taking an early 14-6 advantage following a Chandler Jones three-pointer.
- Brandeis maintained the lead throughout the first half, closing the period on a 7-0 run to take a 32-23 edge into the break.
- The hosts extended their lead to 11 points early in the second half before Jack Simonds took over for the Polar Bears.
- Simonds scored 21 of his game-high 27 points in the second half, including five three-pointers to spark the Polar Bear comeback.
- A Simonds trifecta capped 10-2 run for Bowdoin, closing the gap to 46-45 with 8:15 on the clock.
- Following a Brandeis layup, Simonds buried another three-pointer to tie the game at 48 with 7:13 to go.
- A 5-0 Polar Bear surge gave Bowdoin their first lead since early in the opening half, but Brandeis rallied to tie the score at 53 apiece with 3:27 on the clock.
- Out of a Bowdoin timeout Stephen Ferraro hit a layup and Jack Simonds netted another three-pointer to make it 58-53 with two minutes to go.
- Bowdoin iced it with four free throws in the final minute to seal the victory.
By The Numbers
- Simonds finished with 27 points on 8-16 from the field, including 5-8 from three-point range. He also grabbed four rebounds and had two steals.
- Hugh O'Neil added 16 points with 14 rebounds for Bowdoin.
- Brandeis was led by 16 points from Eric D'Aguanno.
- Bowdoin finished at 45% shooting for the game and locked down Brandeis, who connected on just 36% from the field.
- Bowdoin will return to action on Friday night when they host Bates at 7:00 p.m.