BRUNSWICK, Maine – David Reynolds scored a career-high 31 points as the Bowdoin College men's basketball team never trailed in a 91-57 non-conference win over Anna Maria on Monday evening at Morrell Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears improve to 4-3 with the win while the Amcats fall to 2-5.
- The Polar Bears jumped out to a 13-2 lead and never looked back, leading by double digits for most of the opening period.
- David Reynolds scored 20 points in the first half, carrying a 46-33 edge into intermission.
- A 9-1 surge out of the break pushed the lead over 20 points and Bowdoin led by as many as 34 points on their way to the victory.
By The Numbers
- The Polar Bears finished at 59% shooting for the game, including a scalding 64% in the second half.
- David Reynolds broke his previous career high of 29, set last January against Colby, by going 10-18 from the field and 8-14 from three-point range.
- Hugh O'Neil finished with a double-double, ending with 15 points and 11 rebounds while Jack Simonds had 15 points and Zavier Rucker added 14 for Bowdoin.
- Anna Maria was led by 10 points off the bench from Angel Perez. Bobby Perette added eight for the Amcats.
- Bowdoin owned a slim 36-34 edge in rebounding but held Anna Maria to just 33% from the field and forced 18 turnovers.
- Bowdoin returns to action with a non-conference game at Bates on Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m.
- Anna Maria heads to Nichols on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.