Posted: Feb 02, 2016
BANGOR, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's basketball team suffered a 93-72 non-conference loss to Husson on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears fall to 9-8 on the year while the Eagles improve to 15-4.
- The teams traded baskets in the early going and Bowdoin held a 25-23 lead midway through the opening period following a Lucas Hausman jumper
- Husson rolled off a 13-0 run, sparked by a trio of three-pointers to take a 36-25 advantage
- Bowdoin replied with a 5-0 run to close the gap to 36-30 before Husson ended the half on a 12-1 run to take a 45-31 advantage at the break
- The Polar Bears could not get within 11 points in the second half as the Eagles slowly pulled away
By The Numbers
- Hausman led all scorers with 28 points, including 4-7 from three-point range
- Hugh O'Neil had 14 points and ten rebounds while Blake Gordon pitched in 12 points off the bench for Bowdoin
- Raheem Anderson led Husson with 22 points
- Bowdoin connected on just 36% of their shots for the game compared to 52% for Husson
- The Polar Bears will look to get back into the win column with a big road weekend of NESCAC contests at Hamilton on Friday at 7:00 p.m. and at Middlebury on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.