CASTINE, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's basketball team scored the first 16 points of the game en route to a convincing 84-54 win at Maine Maritime on Tuesday night.
The Polar Bears improve to 4-3 while the Mariners drop to 2-4
- Matt Palecki sparked the game-opening run for the Polar Bears, scoring nine of the team's points in a 16-0 surge to start the contest
- Maine Maritime missed its first six shots and committed three turnovers in the first five minutes and could never recover
- Bowdoin extended its lead to 49-20 at halftime thanks to 58% first-half shooting, including 54% (6-11) from three-point range
- The Polar Bears led by as many as 33 points in the second half on their way to the win
By The Numbers
- Thirteen different players scored for Bowdoin, who was led by 17 from Palecki, all coming in the first half
- Jack Simonds (12 points, eight rebounds) and Jake Donnelly (10 points) also saw double-figures for the Polar Bears
- Bowdoin finished at 50% shooting for the contest and held a 48-26 edge in rebounding
- The Polar Bear bench outscored Maine Maritime's by a 35-11 margin in the victory, led by nine points from Tim Ahn
- The Polar Bears will return to action on Friday with a home game against Maine Farmington. Tip off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.