GORHAM, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's basketball team rode a hot-shooting first half to a comfortable 81-55 win at Southern Maine on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears have won consecutive games to improve to 3-2 this season. USM drops to 4-3 overall.
- The Polar Bears shot 54.5% from the field in the opening half, including 7-13 from long-distance, to take a 22-point halftime lead, 46-24
- Six different players knocked down three-pointers for the Polar Bears, who rolled off an incredible 27-0 midway through the first half, turning a 18-17 deficit into a 44-18 lead
- Bowdoin cruised in the opening half, leading by as many as 32 points in the eventual 26-point win
By The Numbers
- Lucas Hausman netted 20 points in 24 minutes of action to lead all scorers
- Jake Donnelly notched a career-high ten points and career-high eight assists in the win for Bowdoin
- Matt Palecki also saw double-figures with 13 points and eight rebounds
- Neil Fuller grabbed ten boards to lead all players
- USM was led by 16 points from Atencio Martin
- Bowdoin finished at 48.5% shooting for the game while suffocating USM defensively to just 29.2% from the field
- Bowdoin will travel to Waterville on Saturday for its annual non-conference game at Colby. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.