BRISTOL, R.I. - The Bowdoin College men's basketball team pulled away in the second half of a 86-74 victory over Daniel Webster in the consolation game of the Roger Williams Tip-Off Tournament on Saturday.
With the win, the Polar Bears improve to 1-1 this season. Daniel Webster falls to 1-2. Lucas Hausman was named to the All-Tournament team for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin committed nine first-half turnovers and trailed by two points, 38-36, at the break
- The Polar Bears bounced back in the second period, committing just two turnovers and owning a +9 rebound margin to pull away
- Bowdoin took the lead early in the second period, but the Polar Bears couldn't pull away, still leading by just two points, 65-63, with 6:30 to go
- The Polar Bears used an 8-2 run, sparked by a Matt Palecki three-pointer, to pad their lead to 73-65 with 3:30 to go
- Bowdoin was outstanding down the stretch from the free throw line, hitting 18-20 overall in the second half to clinch the win
By The Numbers
- Hausman garnered All-Tournament honors thanks to a 26 point performance, including 16 in the second period
- Bowdoin hit 22-24 overall from the free throw line in the game and held a 41-32 edge in rebounding
- Jack Simonds was outstanding in his second collegiate game, scoring 21 points and grabbing eight rebounds to go with two blocks
- Matt Palecki notched 14 points while Liam Farley scored 10 points off the bench for the Polar Bears
- Ray Farmer and Jared Harrington led Daniel Webster with 19 points apiece