Bowdoin Announces Six New Inductees to Athletic Hall of Honor
BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College Athletic Hall of Honor has announced its tenth class to be inducted on Homecoming weekend this fall.
The six individuals to be welcomed on Saturday, October 20 span
in class years from 1901-1978 and include some of the most
distinguished names in the history of the institution.
The 2012 Bowdoin Athletic Hall of Honor class consists of:
- International track star Harry Cloudman '01 (1901)
- Legendary basketball coach and player Richard (Dick) Whitmore '65
- Women's diving trailblazer Ellen Shuman '76
- Ice hockey All-American Alan Quinlan '77
- Men's basketball All-American Greg Fasulo '78
- Football All-American Stephen (Steve) McCabe, Jr. '78
The Bowdoin College Athletic Hall of Honor was founded in 2002
to perpetuate the memory of those persons who have brought
distinction, honor and excellence to Bowdoin through their
accomplishments in athletics. More information about the induction
ceremony will be available in the coming weeks.
For a complete list of past inductees, visit the Bowdoin College Athletic Hall of Honor web page.