BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin field hockey team scored five times in the first half to cruise to a 5-0 win over visiting Husson University on Thursday evening.
The fourth-ranked Polar Bears climb to 11-1 on the season. The Eagles drop to 5-6.
- Bowdoin scored all five goals on penalty corners. The first came at 5:30 as Peyton Jackson received an insert and passed left to Kara Finnerty. Finnerty took a one-time slapshot to direct the ball into the net.
- Jackson scored on a direct from the top of the circle 2:25 into the second quarter off an insert from Elle Brine.
- Finnerty had her second goal of the game as she deflected a drive from Manveer Sandhu a minute later.
- The goals continued to come as Brine finished a ball on the left post off a far side cross from Abby Bashaw.
- Jackson finished off another Brine insert, blasting a drive from the top of the circle into the cage with under three minutes remaining in the frame.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 22-2 shot advantage and 16-2 edge in corners.
- Kimmie Goddard made ten saves for the Eagles.
- Maddie Ferrucci played the first half. Eva Verzani played 25:51 and made the only save of the night for Bowdoin. Julia Arsenault also saw time in net.
- The Polar Bears host Colby on Monday at 6:00 p.m.
- The Eagles host Dean on Saturday at 6:00 p.m.