Posted: Oct 09, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin field hockey team cruised to a 5-0 nonconference win over visiting UMaine-Farmington on Wednesday evening.
The Polar Bears climb to 9-1 on the season as the Beavers drop to 1-9.
- Bowdoin got on the board 6:24 into action. Elizabeth Growney carried deep into the right corner and sent a long cross into the circle. Kara Finnerty deflected the ball towards Emma Stevens on stroke for a touch into net.
- Growney had an unassisted tally five minutes later, carrying into the circle and drawing the goalie before pulling right to put the ball away.
- Bowdoin scored three more goals in the third quarter. Stevens deflected a ball at the left post off an initial shot from Growney standing on the stroke line.
- Peyton Jackson converted on one of Bowdoin's two corners in the frame, blasting a direct from the top of the circle off an insert from Elle Brine.
- Jamie Margiotta finished off the game's scoring with 46 seconds remaining in the quarter. Finnerty drove a ball from the top of the circle through traffic to Margiotta on stroke, who one-timed a shot on net.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 28-1 edge in shorts and 15-0 corner advantage.
- Katelyn Rouleau made eight saves, playing in the first, second, and fourth quarters.
- Grace DiMarco made two saves in the third quarter.
- Maddie Ferrucci made played the first half. Eva Verzani played the entirety of the third quarter and the majority of the fourth. Julia Arsenault saw her first action in net, playing late in the fourth.
- Bowdoin plays at Connecticut College on Saturday at 12:00 p.m.
- UMF travels to Becker for a 1:00 p.m. game on Saturday.