Sep 24, 2019
WELLESLEY, Mass. – The Bowdoin field hockey team cruised to a 5-0 win at Wellesley on Tuesday evening.
The seventh-ranked Polar Bears (6-1) got goals from four different players. The Blue are 4-4 on the season.
- Bowdoin got on the board eight minutes into the game with a successful corner. Elle Brine inserted to Manveer Sandhu who blasted a shot past the goalie.
- The Polar Bears scored two goals in the first five minutes of the second quarter. First, Elizabeth Growney pushed a rebound to Emma Stevens for a quick touch in net. Growney and Stevens then reversed roles for another three minutes later.
- Stevens buried an unassisted tally seven minutes into the third quarter, finishing off a rebound.
- Kara Finnerty had the game's final goal off a rebound feed from Stevems.
By the Numbers
- The Polar Bears held an 18-1 shot advantage.
- Bowdoin had a 7-2 corner edge.
- Maddie Ferrucci made one stop.
- Janelle Sullivan had eight saves.
- The Polar Bears play at Trinity on Saturday with an 11:00 a.m. start.