WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The third-seeded Williams field hockey team handed Bowdoin a 3-2 quarterfinal loss on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears earned the six seed to the NESCAC tournament and end the season at 11-5. The Ephs advance to the semifinals with a 12-4 mark.
- Abby Bashaw put the Polar Bears on the board just 1:56 into play, scoring on the first shot of the game for either team.
- Williams responded midway through the half, evening the game at 1-1, with an unassisted mark from Libby Dolan.
- The Ephs took their first lead of the game fifteen minutes into the second half. On a penalty corner, Emma Ticknor inserted and later finished off a feed from Isabel Perry to take a 2-1 lead.
- Bowdoin tied the game in the 66th minute of play as Elizabeth Growney scored off a pass from Emma Stevens.
- Just 45 seconds later, the Ephs scored the game-winner off the stick of Dolan.
By the Numbers
- The Polar Bears held a 12-10 edge in shots.
- Williams earned seven penalty corners, while Bowdoin had three.
- Maddie Ferrucci made three stops.
- Abby Lloyd made a pair of saves. Emma Santucci made four stops.