BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin field hockey team could not complete the second half comeback and fell 2-1 to Tufts on a Wednesday evening.
The Jumbos end the regular season at 14-1 (9-1 NESCAC) and the second seed in the NESCAC. Bowdoin earned the six seed for playoffs at 11-4 (6-4 NESCAC).
- Tufts jumped out to a 1-0 lead 8:38 into the game. Gigi Tutoni carried the ball from right to left and put a reverse chip mast Maddie Ferrucci.
- The Polar Bears looked for an equalizer on a penalty corner twenty minutes into play, but Issy Del Priore came up with a pair of defensive saves on two hard shots.
- The Jumbos doubled their lead 15 minutes into the second half. Marguerite Salamone batted a rebound out of the air for her team's second.
- Emma Stevens cut the lead in half with five minutes to play. Elizabeth Growney moved the ball through three Tufts defenders pushed a pass to Kara Finnerty. Finnerty moved the ball into a crowd on the right post where Stevens put the goal away.
By the Numbers
- Tufts held a slight 13-10 edge in shots and 8-6 corner advantage.
- Ferrucci made five stops for Bowdoin.
- Andie Stallman made four stops.
- The Polar Bears will play at third-seeded Williams on Saturday.
- The Jumbos will host the number seven seed on the same day.