BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin field hockey team picked up another NESCAC victory with a 4-0 showing against Connecticut College on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears climb to 11-3 (6-3 NESCAC) and drop the Camels to 3-11 (0-9 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin took a 1-0 lead with 15 minutes remaining in the first half. Manveer Sandhu took a direct shot on a penalty corner and Kara Finnerty put the rebound away off the pads.
- Abby Bashaw scored 2:54 into the second half to double Bowdoin's lead. The sophomore carried into the circle and reverse a shot intside the far right post.
- Under a minute later, Finnerty tallied her second of the game with a solo effort. Finnerty dribbled into the circle and made a spin move in the center before flicking the ball past Jackie Mountford.
- Finnerty set up Emma Stevens for the Polar Bears final goal 11 minutes into the half. Bashaw sent the ball in from the 25 and found Finnerty at the top of the circle, who sept the ball to Stevens at the far left post for a deflection.
- The Camels earned a penalty stroke with less than three minutes remaining, but Eva Verzani made a kick save to turn away Lauren Hirshom's bid.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 19-11 shot advantage.
- The Polar Bears took 12 corners, to the Camels six.
- Maddie Ferrucci and Eva Verzani each made three stops for the Polar Bears.
- Mountford had three saves and Andi McGraw recorded a pair.
- Bowdoin hosts Tufts to conclude the regular season on Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m.
- The Camels play at Wesleyan to conclude their season at 6:30 p.m. the same day.