WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin field hockey team fell to host Williams in a shootout on Sunday afternoon, resulting in a 2-1 loss.
The Polar Bears (10-3, 5-3 NESCAC) and Ephs (8-3, 6-2 NESCAC) were both unable to produce a goal in the second half or either overtime frame, necessitating a shootout.
- Williams went up 1-0 just under 17 minutes into the game following a penalty corner. Claire Fitzpatrick found Libby Dolan for the tally.
- Bowdoin responded eight minutes later as Manveer Sandhu recorded an unassisted goal to draw the game even at 1-1.
- The Polar Bears shut down an Ephs corner as time expired in the second half, not allowing a shot, and forced overtime.
- Kara Finnerty had a chance to win the game for Bowdoin with a penalty stroke in the second overtime frame, but was unable to convert.
- Both opening attempts in the shootout were successful, as Sandhu scored for Bowdoin and Allie Weiner for Williams.
- The following three pairs were all unable to score. The Ephs won the game with their final attempt of the round as Kate Gregory scored.
By the Numbers
- Maddie Ferrucci made five stops for Bowdoin.
- Emma Santucci made three stops in the start for Williams. Abby Lloyd earned the win with a pair of saves, both coming in overtime.
- Bowdoin held a slight 12-9 edge in shots. Williams took 14 corners to Bowdoin's seven.
- The Polar Bears host Connecticut College at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday.