Sep 27, 2018
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin field hockey team collected a non-conference victory in a 6-0 shutout against visiting Wellesley on Thursday evening.
The Polar Bears climb to 7-1, while dropping the Blue to 3-5.
- Bowdoin scored just 34 seconds into the game. Emma Stevens made a spinning pass from the stroke line to Tala Glass on the left side. Glass lifted the ball towards the opposite post and over the blocker of Maggie Connelly.
- The Polar Bears rattled off four goals in five minutes between the 18th minute and 23rd minute of the game. Kara Finnerty tipped a drive from Glass off a corner and Glass later drove home a feed from Elizabeth Bennewitz on another corner.
- Manveer Sandhu put away a loose ball from a scrum in front of the net to extend the Bowdoin lead.
- Finnerty capped the half's scoring as she deflected a corner drive by Peyton Jackson.
- Stevens scored the final goal of the game seven minutes into the second half, deflecting a shot by Finnerty.
By the Numbers
- Eva Verzani picked up her second straight shutout with one stop against the Blue.
- Connelly made nine saves in 22:34 minutes of play. Janelle Sullivan played the final 47:26 and made ten stops.
- Bowdoin held a 28-4 shot advantage and 9-3 edge in corners.
- The Blue host Clark on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
- Bowdoin continues its four-game homestand with a 6:00 p.m. game against UMaine-Farmington on October 3.