BANGOR, Maine – The Bowdoin field hockey team picked up its fifth win of the season in a 5-1 non-conference midweek matchup at Husson on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears (5-0) saw Emma Stevens score in her fourth consecutive game to defeat the host Eagles (0-5).
- Bowdoin took a 2-0 lead into halftime. Elizabeth Growney put the Polar Bears on the board 16 minutes into the game off a feed from Kara Finnerty.
- Stevens finished off an assist from Growney with 5:03 left in the half to notch her first of the game.
- Growney and Stevens switched roles for a quick goal two minutes into the second.
- Stevens added an unassisted tally seven minutes later.
- Husson broke through ten minutes into the second half to make the score 4-1.
- Stevens completed her second hat-trick of the season in the 50th minute.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 32-4 edge in shots and 13-3 corner advantage.
- Maddie Ferrucci and Eva Verzani each made a save in the game for Bowdoin.
- Andrea Shaggy made 14 saves for the Eagles.
- The Polar Bears return to NESCAC action on Saturday at Middlebury with a noon start.