MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Bowdoin field hockey team remained perfect with a 2-0 win behind a pair of Emma Stevens goals against Wesleyan on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (4-0, 3-0 NESCAC) notched their first shutout of the season against the 2-2 (0-1 NESCAC) Cardinals.
- Eight minutes into the game Nikki Gerjarusak charged into the Bowdoin circle and forced Maddie Ferrucci to make a play on the ball.
- Emma Stevens scored in her third consecutive game to give the Polar Bears a 1-0 lead midway through the half. Tala Glass recorded the assist as Stevens tipped in her initial bid.
- The Polar Bears struck again two minutes later with another Stevens tally. Beth Koeller fed Stevens with a long pass and the junior buried the ball in the bottom right corner of the cage.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin outshot the Cardinals by a 21-7 mark and held a 9-7 edge in penalty corners.
- Ferrucci made three saves to earn the shutout.
- Delaney Wood made six stops for Wesleyan.
- The Cardinals have not scored a goal against Bowdoin since 2013.
- Bowdoin plays at Husson on Tuesday evening, beginning at 7:00 p.m.