BANGOR, Maine – The Bowdoin field hockey team scored a goal in each half to return to the win column in a non-conference 2-0 victory at Husson on Wednesday night.
The third-ranked Polar Bears climb to 9-3 on the season, while dropping the Eagles to 6-6.
- Kimmy Ganong put Bowdoin on the board 14 minutes into the game. Ganong cleaned up a rebound off an initial shot by Kara Finnerty.
- Bowdoin outshot the Eagles by a 10-4 margin in the first half and tallied nine penalty corners.
- Ganong recorded an assist on Emily McColgan's goal 12 minutes into the second half. Following the penalty corner insert from Ganong, McColgan drove home the team's second goal of the night.
- The Polar Bears outshot the Eagles by 24-6 overall and held an 18-2 edge in corners.
- Clara Belitz made a pair of stops for Bowdoin to record the shutout. Anne Marie Provencal made 14 saves for Husson.
- The Polar Bears return to Ryan Field on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. against Connecticut College.