WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Williams field hockey team upset visiting Bowdoin 2-1 on Sunday afternoon behind a pair of second half goals.
The Polar Bears (9-3, 5-3 NESCAC) suffered a weekend sweep during their conference road trip in a pair of 2-1 finals. The Ephs improve to 9-4 (5-3) with the win.
- The Polar Bears scored the game's first goal with less than ten minutes to play in the opening half. Following a Bowdoin penalty corner, Kara Finnerty put away an unassisted shot to give the Polar Bears the lead.
- Williams scored 10:36 into the second half on a penalty corner. The Ephs worked the ball around the circle before finding Meredith Wright in front of the net. Wright's shot went wide but Rachel Brissette waited on post for the redirect to tie the game.
- The Ephs took the lead seven minutes later as the duo connected again. The pair reversed roles as Wright redirected a Brissette shot from the middle to score.
- Bowdoin outshot Williams by an 18-8 margin with an 8-5 edge in corners.
- Margaret Draper made 13 stops for the Ephs while Caroline Taverna added a defensive save.
- Clara Belitz had a pair of saves.
- Bowdoin looks to return to the win column with a midweek non-conference game at Husson on Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m.