Posted: Nov 02, 2019
The win snapped a 17-game losing streak for the Bobcats (1-7) while the Polar Bears fall to 0-8 on the year following the first night game in the Garcelon Field history.
- Bates scored the first 24 points of the game to jump to an early lead and never looked back.
- A 54-yard pass from Brendan Costa to Jackson Hayes got the Bobcats going less than three minutes into the game.
- Hayes caught another long TD pass and Tyler Bridge scored on a three-yard run to increase the Bates lead to 21-0.
- Simon Redfern's 25-yard field goal gave the hosts a 24-0 edge with 1:48 to go in the opening half.
- Bowdoin was able to get three points before the break with a 28-yard field goal from Michael Chen, but couldn't capitalize on getting the second half kickoff as Bates added a third-quarter touchdown to increase their lead to 30-3.
- Bowdoin's final points came via a failed two-point conversion by Bates, which Soren Birkeland returned for two points for the Polar Bears.
By The Numbers
- Tyler Bridge had 188 yards rushing to lead the Bates offense while Costa threw for 212 yards for the Bobcats.
- Nate Richam-Odoi had 81 yards rushing and 71 yards receiving to lead the Bowdoin offense. In the game, Richam-Odoi became just the sixth player in Bowdoin history to surpass the 2,000-yard mark in career rushing yards.
- Joe Gowetski had 14 tackles, including three for a loss, to lead the Polar Bear defense.
- The Bobcats finished with 523 yards of total offense in the game to Bowdoin's 290.
- Bowdoin will close out their season next Saturday against Colby with kickoff scheduled for 4:30 p.m.