Posted: Sep 28, 2019
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Williams College football team rushed for 398 yards in a 41-10 victory over Bowdoin on Saturday afternoon.
The Ephs improve to 2-1 while the Polar Bears fall to 0-3 this season.
- Bowdoin took an early lead, capping a ten-play, 54-yard drive with a 25-yard field goal from Michael Chen.
- The Ephs responded with a pair of long plays to pull ahead. A 61-yard run by Joel Nicholas gave Williams the lead and, late in the first quarter, a 33-yard pass from Bobby Maimaron to Frank Stola gave the hosts a 14-3 lead after one period.
- Williams scored two more touchdowns in a two-minute span early in the second quarter to open up a 27-3 advantage.
- Bowdoin trimmed the lead to 27-10 with a 14-play, 46-yard drive late in the half, capped by a nine-yard run by Nate Richam-Odoi.
- Williams was able to cover 75 yards in a span of 1:30 right before the break to extend their lead to 34-10 at halftime.
- The hosts added a touchdown in the third quarter to cap the scoring.
By The Numbers
- Three Williams players rushed for more than 100 yards as the Ephs totaled 398 as a team in the victory.
- Nate Richam-Odoi totaled 105 yards on the ground for Bowdoin, including a touchdown, while Bo Millett caught five passes for 101 yards for the Polar Bears.
- Austin McCrum went 16-36 for 142 yards passing in the loss.
- Joe Gowetski made seven tackles for Bowdoin while Noah Clack had four tackles and a sack.
- Bowdoin returns to Whittier Field next Saturday and will host Wesleyan at 1:00 p.m.