BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Williams College football team racked up 476 yards of total offense en route to a season-opening 41-6 win at Bowdoin on Saturday afternoon.
The Ephs (1-0) extended their winning streak to six straight games over the Polar Bears (0-1) with Saturday's result.
- Williams jumped to a 31-0 halftime lead and never looked back, riding the strength of quarterback Bobby Maimaron, tailback TJ Dozier and receiver Frank Stola to victory.
- After trading early possessions, TJ Dozier took advantage of a short field for Williams and scampered 20 yards for a touchdown at 8:50 of the opening quarter.
- After a three-and-out by Bowdoin, Maimaron capped a six-play drive with a 38-yard touchdown run to make it 14-0 after one period.
- Back-to-back touchdown passes from Maimaron to Frank Stola made it 28-0 Williams on consecutive possessions midway through the second quarter. A late turnover by Bowdoin led to a last-second field goal by the Ephs to make it 31-0 at the break.
- Maimaron capped an eight-play, 80-yard drive in the third quarter with a three-yard touchdown plunge to make it 38-0.
- First-year kicker Andrew Schreibstein booted a 17-yard field goal late in the third to give the visitors a 41-0 edge.
- Bowdoin got on the board with a 16-play, 81-yard drive in the fourth quarter as Griff Stalcup found Michael Cloppse on the sideline for an 11-yard scoring strike to close out the scoring.
By The Numbers
- Bobby Maimaron rushed for 73 yards and passed for 146 for Williams, scoring two rushing touchdowns and throwing for two more for the Ephs.
- TJ Dozier ended with 128 yards on the ground for Williams while Frank Stola caught eight passes for 82 yards and two scores.
- Bowdoin was led by 78 yards rushing on 18 carries by Nate Richam. Griff Stalcup caught three passes for 36 yards and also tossed for 64 yards and a touchdown for the Polar Bears.
- Defensively, Bowdoin was led by 12 tackles from Liam Doughtery and ten from Joe Gowetski Kevin Chen had his first career interception for the Polar Bears.
- TJ Rothmann led Williams with eight tackles while Luke Apuzzi had an interception for the Ephs.
- Williams owned a 476-245 advantage in total offense, including 305 yards on the ground.
- The Ephs held a 33:02-26:58 edge in time of possession and converted 9-15 on third downs compared to 6-18 for the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin heads to Vermont next Saturday to play Middlebury at 1:00 p.m.
- Williams hosts Colby at 1:00 p.m. next Saturday in their home opener.