Apr 25, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin baseball team exploded for ten hits and ten runs in a Thursday non-conference win over Thomas College.
The Polar Bears (6-19-1) pinned a 10-2 setback on the Terriers (10-20).
- Bowdoin got on the board in the top of the second off an Eric Mah sacrifice fly to left.
- Connor Lee drove in.a fourth inning run, doubling to left center. Colby Joncas made it 3-0 with a groundout RBI to shortstop.
- Austin Zakow doubled to center field to round out the fourth inning scoring for Bowdoin.
- Thomas got on the board in the bottom half of the inning off an RBI single from John Villanueva.
- Joncas drove in another run for the Polar Bears in the sixth, singling to left field.
- Villanueva had another RBI for the Terriers, sending a sacrifice fly to right.
- The remainder of the game's offense came from the Polar Bears. Zakow had a two-run double in the eighth to make it 7-2.
- Jack Wilhoite and Chris Attisani both had singles in the ninth. Wilhoite drove in one run and Attisani plated two.
By the Numbers
- Ben Osterholtz had the win with five innings of work and four hits allowed. Dan Chapski pitched three innings and allowed two hits. Ryan Winn closed out the game.
- Mah, Wilhoite, and Gavin Cann all had a stolen base.
- Wilhoite went 3-for-4 at the plate. Joncas was 2-for-3 and Zakow went 2-for-2.
- Bowdoin plays a doubleheader against Amherst at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. The single nine-inning game has been moved from Friday to Sunday at noon due to weather.