Apr 22, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College baseball team played eight shutouts innings to pin a 3-0 setback on Bowdoin on a rainy Monday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 5-19-1 as the Monks climb to 28-8.
- After allowing a leadoff single in the top of the first, Connor Lee struck out three straight batters to begin the game on the mound for Bowdoin.
- Grayson Jennings nearly matched him in the bottom half, fanning two.
- The Monks scored a pair in the second off a bases loaded double by Joey Murphy.
- Jennings kept the Polar Bears hitless until the fifth when Colby Joncas sent a two-out single through the left side.
- Saint Joseph's scored one final run in the seventh, extending the lead to 3-0. With runners on first and second, Noah McDaniel doubled to right center and plated Greg Emanuelson.
By the Numbers
- The Monks combined for 12 hits. Emanuelson and Ben Gravel both went 3-for-4 at the plate. Murphy, McDaniel, and Anthony DiPrizio were all 2-for-4.
- Eric Mah, Gavin Cann, and Joncas all had a hit for Bowdoin. Cann tagged a triple in the eighth.
- Three pitchers took the mound for the Monks, each allowed one hit. Jennings pitched five innings and had eight strikeouts. Weston Bergeron had one strikeout in one inning of work. George Welch pitched two innings and fanned three.
- Lee pitched six innings for the Polar Bears and allowed nine hits with eight strikeouts. Colby Lewis pitched the last two with three hits allowed. Lewis recorded a pair of K's.
- Colby Joncas threw out Ben Gravel on a stolen base attempt.
- The Polar Bears play at Thomas College on Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
- The Monks have a Saturday home doubleheader against Suffolk at noon.