CLAREMONT, Calif. – The Bowdoin baseball team earned a 7-7 eight inning tie at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps on Wednesday afternoon.
The result is the Polar Bears best of the season, as they sit at 0-9-1. The Stags are 7-5-1 and had been riding a five game win streak.
- CMS went ahead 1-0 in the bottom of the first off an RBI double to center. The Stags added a second run in the fourth.
- Bowdoin exploded for seven runs in the fifth inning to take the lead.
- Gavin Cann got the offense going with an RBI single to left and Eric Mah followed up with a single to right.
- James McCarthy tagged an RBI single to left.
- With the bases loaded, Austin Zakow doubled to right and drove in two more runs. McCarthy later came around to score on a wild pitch.
- Colby Joncas rounded out the inning with a sacrifice fly to right, plating Zakow.
- The Stags chipped away at the lead with two runs in the sixth and three more in the seventh.
By the Numbers
- Nick Merrill was the only Polar Bear to record multiple hits, going 2-for-4.
- Peter O'Connell pitched two innings and recorded two strikeouts.
- Beckett Slayton pitched 3.2 innings with six hits allowed and three runs.
- Jeff Price took the mound for one inning and allowed four hits and three runs.
- Ryan Winn closed out the game.
- The Polar Bears play Pomona-Pitzer on Thursday afternoon.