Mar 19, 2019
LA VERNE, Calif. – The Bowdoin baseball team suffered a doubleheader sweep at the hands of La Verne on Tuesday afternoon.
The Polar Bears drop to 0-10, while the Leopards climb to 12-6.
Game One Highlights
- The Polar Bears held a 4-0 lead into the bottom of the fifth inning, after plating four runs in the first.
- Brendan O'Neil drove in Eric Mah on a groundout to first and a throwing error by the first basemen allowed Colby Joncas to score as well.
- Jack Wilhoite doubled the run tally with a two-run blast to left field.
- The Leopards chipped away at the deficit with five runs in the fifth and two more in the sixth.
- La Verne scored six of its seven runs off an RBI double and three RBI singles.
- In the final inning, Joncas drove in a run and another run again scored on a throwing error.
- Colby Lewis pitched the first four innings and allowed two hits and no runs. Peter Mansfield surrendered two runs. Ryan Winn pitched two innings and allowed five runs off five hits.
- Mah and Joncas both went 2-for-4 at the plate.
Game Two Highlights
- La Verne went up 2-0 in the third and tacked on five runs in both the fifth and sixth innings. The Leopards combined for ten hits and only one strikeout.
- Bowdoin's lone run came in the sixth inning as Owen Gideon-Murphy sent a sacrifice fly to center, allowing Austin Zakow to score.
- Zakow and O'Neil were the only two Polar Bears with a hit in the game, both tagging doubles.
- Connor Lee started the game and pitched four innings, allowing two runs off two hits.
- Andrew Cohen and Patrick Lynott each surrendered five runs.