REDLANDS, Calif. – The Bowdoin baseball team continued its spring break California swing with a 17-1 loss at Redlands on Sunday.
The Polar Bears are still in search of their first win and sit at 0-7. The Bulldogs are 9-11-1.
- Redlands out runs on the board in every inning but the eighth. The hosts scored one in the first and exploded for the six in the second.
- The Bulldogs plated two runs in the third and fourth, adding a single run in the fifth before Bowdoin plated its first.
- Jack Wilhoite drove in Bowdoin's lone run in the top of the sixth. Austin Zakow earned a leadoff walk and Brendan O'Neil pushed him to third with a single to right. Wilhoite singled through the left side for the RBI.
- Redlands answered with two runs in the bottom half of the inning and three in the seventh.
By the Numbers
- O'Neil went 2-for-4 at the plate. Wilhoite, Colby Joncas, and Owen Gideon-Murphy all recorded a hit.
- Dan Chapski started the game on the mound and pitched 1.2 innings with one strikeout and three hits.
- Aidan Schraeder, Gavin Cann, Seamus Keenan, Jeff Price, Ben Osterholtz, and Wilhoite all pitched in relief. Keenan, Price, and Wilhoite all fanned a pair.
- Bowdoin plays a doubleheader at La Verne on Tuesday afternoon.