Mar 16, 2019
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – The Bowdoin baseball team's offensive woes continued as the Polar Bears fell 14-1 to Occidental on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 0-6 on the year. The Tigers are 13-4 on the season.
- The Tigers got on the board in the bottom of the first with a two-run homer off the bat of Jack Brancheau.
- Bowdoin cut the deficit in half, capitalizing on an error, as Nick Merrill put the ball in play and allowed Austin Zakow to score.
- Occidental took control of the game, scoring three runs in the second and added three more in the third.
- Eamon McNeil tagged a three run homerun in the fourth and Brancheau added an RBI single in the inning.
- The Tigers tacked on one final run in the sixth.
By the Numbers
- Six Bowdoin pitchers took the mound, with Michael Weber recording the loss with the start and one inning of work. Weber allowed five runs off three hits.
- Aidan Schraeder and Robbie Sarmanian both tagged doubles in the game.
- Zakow, Gavin Cann, Nick Lam, and Ejaaz Jiu also earned base hits.
- The Polar Bears play at Redlands on Sunday morning.