Mar 15, 2019
WHITTIER, Calif. – The Bowdoin baseball team is still in search of its first win following a 10-3 setback to Whittier on Friday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 0-5 on the year, while the Poets improve to 4-7.
- The Poets scored in the first, third, and sixth innings before Bowdoin established its offense.
- Trailing 5-0 in the seventh, the Polar Bears pushed a pair of runs across the plate. Jack Wilhoite led off with a bunt single and Austin Zakow pushed him to third with a double to right center.
- Owen Gideon-Murphy put the ball in play to third, allowing Wilhoite to score.
- With the bases loaded, Eric Mah walked and pushed Zakow home.
- Whittier responded with five runs in the bottom half of the inning.
- In the ninth, Nick Lam pinch hit and singled up the middle to drive in Nick Merrill.
By the Numbers
- Zakow and Merrill each tagged a double.
- Gavin Cann recorded a triple in the fifth.
- Andrew Cohen pitched 3.2 innings, allowing five hits and four runs. Cohen added four strikeouts and a pair of walks.
- Jeff Price pitched 2.1 innings with three hits and three runs.
- Aidan Schraeder came in and pitched two outs of the seventh inning.
- Patrick Lynott pitched the final 1.1 innings with one walk, one hit, and one strikeout.
- The Polar Bears play at Occidental at 1:00 PM PST on Saturday.