CLAREMONT, Calif. – The Bowdoin baseball team dropped a doubleheader to Pomona-Pitzer in its opening spring break California series.
The Polar Bears are 0-4 following a 1-0 loss in game one and 6-1 setback in game two. The Sagehens are 10-3.
Game One Highlights
- The only offense for either team came in the fourth inning off a solo shot to left off the bat of Jeremy Jess.
- The Polar Bears were unable to advance a runner past second through seven innings of action.
- Chris Attisani, Eric Mah, Brandon Lopez, Austin Zakow, and Ejaaz Jiu all hit singles.
- Lopez pitched a complete game, allowing only the one run, while fanning three.
Game Two Highlights
- Bowdon took a 1-0 lead in the top of the second off Jack Wilhoite's single to right center that plated Lopez.
- The game was all Sagehens for the next seven innings as they answered with four runs in the bottom half of the inning.
- The hosts added runs in the fourth and fifth to extend their lead to 6-1 and cruise into the win column.
- Ryan Winn started the game on the mound for Bowdoin, going two innings with three hits allowed and four runs.
- Colby Lewis, Peter Mansfield, Seamus Keenan, and Beckett Slayton combined for the final four innings. Mansfield fanned a pair and Slayton picked up three K's.
- Zakow and Jiu each tagged a double and Jiu added a stolen base.
- The Polar Bears play at Whittier on Friday.