GORHAM, Maine – The Bowdoin baseball team suffered a 5-2 setback at the University of Southern Maine on Tuesday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (14-17) took the lead in the third, but the Huskies (25-8) tied the game in the fifth and took the lead in the seventh.
- Jake Dexter put the Huskies on the board in the bottom of the first with a two-out RBI single up the middle.
- Brendan O'Neil hit his second homerun in as many games to put Bowdoin on top in the third, clearing the right center fence with Branden Lopez on base.
- USM tied the game at 2-2 in the fifth off Andrew Olszak's double to left.
- Dexter gave the Huskies their second lead of the game as he stole home in the bottom of the seventh. Olszak later scored on an RBI single by Anthony Degifico.
- Kyle Heath rounded out the scoring with an RBI single.
By the Numbers
- O'Neil went 2-for-5 and Jack Wilhoite went 2-for-4 at the plate.
- Ryan Winn pitched three innings and allowed six hits with one run. Winn struck out three.
- Ryan Dixon pitched two innings with a pair of hits and a run allowed.
- Colby Lewis suffered the loss after allowing three runs off five hits with a pair of strikeouts.
- Duncan Finigan pitched the final inning, fanning one, walking one, and giving up a hit.
- USM combined for 14 hits and stranded 11 runners on base.
- The Polar Bears host Plymouth State in a doubleheader on Saturday, May 5.