Posted: Apr 09, 2018
STANDISH, Maine – The Bowdoin baseball team suffered a 14-4 setback at the hands of Saint Joseph's on Monday afternoon.
The Polar Bears fall to 9-10, while the Monks climb to 16-5.
- Bowdoin fell behind 4-0 in the bottom of the first, sparked by a two-run single from Ben Gravel.
- The Polar Bears cut the lead in half with a pair of runs in the top of the second. Sawyer Billings drove in Brendan O'Neil and Ben Suski later scored on a passed ball.
- Jared Gagne plated three more runs in the third with a double to left. The Monks added four more runs in the fourth and three in the fifth to take a 14-2 lead.
- Matt Nakamoto singled to right in the seventh to drive in another run for Bowdoin. Jack Bliss singled to center in the eighth.
By the Numbers
- O'Neil was the only Polar Bear with multiple hits, going 3-for-5 at the plate. O'Neil added a stolen base.
- Bowdoin's pitching staff combined for six strikeouts and five walks.
- Logan Simon and Ryan Dixon each fanned a pair of batters.
- Bowdoin hosts Tuts in a NESCAC series beginning on Friday at 3:00 p.m.