Mar 23, 2018
AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Bowdoin baseball team returns to Maine with a 6-6 record after falling to Benedictine 5-3 on Friday.
The Polar Bears (6-6) wrapped up spring break against the 7-3 Eagles.
- Bowdoin jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first off a sacrifice fly to center off Jack Wilhoite's bat.
- Connor Lee doubled the Polar Bears lead with an RBI single in the forth.
- Benedictine cut the deficit to one in the sixth as Jonathan Hodo had an RBI double.
- Lee added another RBI to his stat line in the bottom half of the inning, driving in Wilhoite.
- The Eagles tied the game with a two-run seventh.
- Benedictine completed the comeback with runs in the eighth and ninth innings off a pair of RBI singles.
By the Numbers
- Max Vogel-Freedman put in six innings of work, allowing five hits with as many strikeouts. James Speer and Wilhoite both fanned a batter in relief.
- Wilhoite went 2-for-3 at the plate with a double and RBI.
- Joe Gentile went 3-for-5 at the plate.
- The Polar Bears return to Maine and begin conference play on March 30 against Bates.