WINTER HAVEN, Fla. - The Bowdoin baseball team put together a pair of ten run games to run away with a series sweep against Keuka on Thursday.
The Polar Bears climbed to 6-5 on the season, while dropping the Wolves to 1-3. Bowdoin won game one 10-2 and the nightcap 10-1.
Game One Highlights
- Seamus Keenan went the distance on the mound, pitching a complete game with six strikeouts.
- The Wolves jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first, but Bowdoin scored 10 unanswered runs in the next six innings.
- Nick Sadler put Bowdoin on the board with an RBI single in the second. Brendan O'Neil and Colby Joncas each recorded an RBI single in the fourth.
- Joe Gentile drove in a pair of runs with a double to close out the inning.
- Jack Wilhoite produced another run for the Polar Bears, singling to drive in Alex Zakow, in the fifth. Colby Joncas later drew a bases loaded walk.
- Zakow added to the lead with a solo homer in the sixth. Wilhoite later scored in the inning on a wild pitch.
- Brandon Lopez capped the game with an RBI single in the final inning.
- Wilhoite went 3-for-4 with a triple and RBI. Nick Sadler was 2-for-3 at the plate with an RBI.
Game Two Highlights
- Bowdoin saw another complete game performance on the mound, this time from Ben Osterholtz. Osterholtz went seven innings and allowed just two hits while fanning three.
- The Polar Bears hit the ground running in the first. Lopez tripled, driving in Gentile, and Zakow recorded an RBI groundout.
- Lopez collected his second RBI of the game with a single in the fifth and Zakow added another to his tally with a similar play.
- The Wolves scored their only run of the game in the top of the sixth with a groundout.
- Bowdoin answered with three runs in the bottom half of the inning. O'Neil tagged an RBI single and Ben Suski added a double. Suski later scored on an error.
- Lopez had his team leading third RBI of the game with another single. Gentile later scored on a passed ball and Lopez came across the plate on a Wilhoite single.
- Lopez went 3-for-3 at the plate with as many RBIs.
- The Polar Bears closed out their Florida slate with a 5-3 loss to Benedictine.
- Bowdoin is scheduled to open NESCAC play against Bates on March 30.