AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Bowdoin baseball team fell in a doubleheader to William Paterson on Friday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (1-5) dropped the first game by an 8-4 decision. The Pioneers (8-5) captured game two by a slight 2-1 edge.
Game One Highlights
- The Pioneers got on the board early with an RBI groundout in the top of the second.
- Jack Wilhoite responded with a two-run blast to right center.
- William Paterson put three runs on the board in the following inning and another three in the fourth.
- The Pioneers tagged an RBI triple in the seventh to take an 8-2 lead. Bowdoin doubled its run tally in the final inning as Austin Zakow scored and Joe Gentile drove in Connor Lee.
- Ben Osterholtz suffered the loss with four innings and seven runs allowed.
- Corey Martinez went six innings for William Paterson and allowed four hits with seven strikeouts.
Game Two Highlights
- The Pioneers again scored in the second, this time off an RBI single.
- Gentile put the Polar Bears on the board in the fourth, tying the game, with an RBI single through the left side.
- Eric Breun drove in the game-winning run in the fifth with a single to the pitcher.
- Seamus Keenan went 5.2 innings with seven strikeouts.
- Chris Babb allowed just two hits in 6.1 innings of work.
- The Polar Bears defeated Ramapo 5-1 on Saturday (recap to follow) and return to play on Monday against Minnesota-Morris at 10:00 a.m.