Mar 15, 2018
AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Keene State Owls used a seven run sixth inning to defeat Bowdoin 9-6 on Thursday afternoon.
The Polar Bears fall to 1-3 as Keene State climbs to 5-4.
Game One Highlights
- Bowdoin provided all its offense in the first three innings, scoring a trio of runs in both the second and third. Joe Gentile and Nick Sadler both recorded RBI singles and Connor Lee flew out to right, driving in Gentile from third.
- Colby Joncas added to the Polar Bears lead with an RBI single in the third. Austin Zakow drove in both Joncas and Gentile with a triple before Keene could record a final out.
- It was all Owls for the remainder of the game. Keene State scored twice in the fourth before multiple hits in the sixth drove in runs. Three singles and two doubles, as well as a sacrifice fly, sank the Polar Bears.
By the Numbers
- Colby Lewis recorded the loss after surrendering 11 hits and nine runs with five strikeouts. Peter O'Connell closed out the inning with one strikeout and two hits.
- James Speer and Cody Todesco each saw time on the mound in the final three innings. Speer recorded three strikeouts.
- Jack Morris pitched just 2.2 innings for Keene State and allowed five runs. Tyler Fitzgerald earned the win with four hits and three strikeouts.
- Nick Sadler and Jack Wilhoite each tagged a double in addition to Zakow's triple.
- Bowdoin plays a doubleheader on Friday against William Paterson University, beginning at 5:30 p.m.