Posted: Mar 14, 2018
LAKELAND, Fla. – The Bowdoin baseball team fell 16-3 to nationally-ranked Rowan in its Florida opener.
The Polar Bears (1-2) played its first game of 11 spring break games in Florida. Rowan climbs to 8-1.
- Brandon Lopez started on the mound and surrendered six runs off seven hits in three innings of work.
- Bowdoin got on the board, trailing 3-0 in the bottom of the third, as Connor Lee scored on a fielding error.
- The Profs pushed two more runs across the plate in the fourth, but Sawyer Billings responded with a two-run homer to right center in the bottom half of the inning.
- From there, Rowan would score ten unanswered runs to cruise to a 16-3 victory.
By the Numbers
- Eric Mah went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- Nine different pitchers saw action for the Polar Bears.
- Anthony Harrold went 4-for-5 for the Profs with a pair of RBIs.
- Five different Rowan players drove in multiple runs.
- Andrew Cartier earned the win with three runs allowed and eight strikeouts.
- The Polar Bears look to bounce back against Keene State tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 p.m.