AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Bowdoin baseball team suffered its second consecutive series sweep as the Polar Bears fell to University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh 10-0 and 6-1 on Wednesday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 4-8 with one series left in their Florida schedule. The Titans improve to 5-4.
Game One Highlights
- The Titans took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first and added three more in the third. Dylan Ott hit a bases-loaded triple to center that gave Wisconsin-Oshkosh a 4-0 lead after three.
- Ott drove in two more runs in the fifth with a single to center. The team added four runs to the board in the following inning off two doubles and a sacrifice fly.
- Sawyer Billings went 2-for-3 at the plate and Nick Sadler tagged a double for Bowdoin.
- Connor Lee suffered the loss in four innings pitched with four runs allowed. Lee surrendered eight hits.
Game Two Highlights
- Bowdoin managed ten hits in game two, but produced only one run in the sixth inning.
- The Titans carried a 2-0 lead after an RBI double in the third and run producing single in the sixth.
- Cody Todesco put Bowdoin on the board with a double that drove in Ben Suski in the bottom of the sixth.
- UW-Oshkosh put the game away in the seventh with a four run inning.
- Evann Dumont-LaPointe went 3-for-3 and Todesco was 2-for-3.
- Colby Lewis suffered the loss on the mound after five innings of work and two runs allowed. Lews recorded three strikeouts and two walks.
- The Polar Bears close out their Florida schedule with a doubleheader against Keuka on Friday at noon.