AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Bowdoin baseball team split its Saturday doubleheader with Babson, capturing a 7-3 victory in game one before falling 6-2 in the second.
The Polar Bears sit at 4-4, while the Beavers climb to 3-4.
Game One Highlights
- Babson jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first off an RBI double to right, but Cody Todesco evened the score with an RBI single to third in the following inning.
- Todesco gave Bowdoin its first lead of the game in the top of the fourth as another base hit allowed a Polar Bear runner to score. This time it was Babson who immediately responded to regain the lead in the bottom half of the inning. The Beavers put two more runs on the board to lead Bowdoin 3-2.
- Brandon Lopez provided the Polar Bears with their second and final lead of the game off a two-run blast to left field in the fifth. Evann Dumont-LaPointe pushed two more runs across the plate in Bowdoin's final at-bat as he doubled to center. Colby Joncas singled to drive in the final Polar Bear run.
- Lopez earned the win on the mound, pitching four innings and allowing five hits with as many strikeouts.
Game Two Highlights
- Bowdoin fell behind early as the Beavers put a run on the board in each of the first two innings. Babson went up 3-0 in the top of the fourth before Bowdoin would answer in the bottom.
- Sawyer Billings doubled to center and drove in Connor Lee to put Bowdoin on the board. Bjorn Hansen tagged a triple to right that allowed Billings to score and cut the deficit to one.
- Nicholas Browne had a hand in Babson's final three runs of the game. In the fifth Browne knocked an RBI single to center and recorded an RBI double in the seventh. Browne later scored on a passed ball.
- Kyle Stanley suffered the loss on the mound after five innings of work. Stanley allowed seven hits and four runs.