BOSTON, Mass. - The Bowdoin College men's and women's cross country teams ran well at the 2017 Open New England Championship hosted at Franklin Park on Saturday.
The Polar Bear men placed 16th in a field of 27 teams while the women earned 18th of 28 squads in fields that included Division I, II and III institutions.
Men's Meet Highlights
- Ben Torda was the top finisher in the meet for Bowdoin, earning 23rd in 25:54.7, finishing fourth among Division III competitors at the meet.
- Sean MacDonald was 26th (25:56.4) as the next-best Polar Bear finisher.
- Naphtali Moulton (61st, 26:32.5) also earned a top-100 finish for Bowdoin at the championship.
Women's Meet Highlights
- Sarah Kelley took 19th place at the championship, covering 5K in 18:29.7 and taking fourth among Division III entrants.
- Caroline Shipley placed 72nd in 19:26.6 while Julia O'Rourke was 95th in 19:44.0 for the Polar Bears.
- The Polar Bears will host the Maine State Championships at Pickard Cross Country course next weekend, beginning at 2:30 p.m.