NEW LONDON, Conn. - The Bowdoin College volleyball team wrapped up its regular season with a 3-2 triumph over Conn. College on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears finish the regular season with a 14-9 record (8-2 NESCAC) and will be the third seed for the upcoming conference tournament that begins Friday at Tufts. Bowdoin will battle sixth-seeded Middlebury in the opening round at 8:00 p.m. Friday.
- Bowdoin won the first two sets but had to hold off a furious rally by the Camels in an eventual 25-13, 25-23, 20-25, 25-27, 15-13 win.
- After cruising in the opening set, Bowdoin and Conn. battled over the final four, with three decided by two points.
- Down 11-9 in the deciding fifth, Bowdoin got back to back kills from Michelle Albright and Sydney Salle to tie the score and a service ace by Megan Birnbaum to take the lead.
- Conn was able to cut the lead to 14-13, but a service error gave Bowdoin the final point in the victory.
By The Numbers
- Sydney Salle had 16 kills and three blocks while Caroline Flaharty added 16 kills and 15 digs.
- Kate Kiser dished out 54 assists while Lisa Sheldon added 37 digs.
- Khelsea Gordon had 12 kills and three blocks for the Polar Bears.
- NESCAC Tournament play commences Friday in the conference quarterfinals against Middlebury at Tufts with match time set for 8:00 p.m.