AMHERST, Mass. - The Bowdoin College volleyball team split a pair of matches on day two of the Hall of Fame Tournament hosted by Amherst College on Saturday.
The Polar Bears (13-8) swept Coast Guard, 3-0, in the early match before falling in a five-setter to WPI, 3-2, to close out the tourney.
Coast Guard Match Highlights
- Bowdoin eased to the win with set scores of 25-17, 25-22, 25-14.
- Caroline Flaharty recorded a dozen kills against just one error to lead the Bowdoin offense, which also received eight kills from Sydney Salle and five from Michelle Albright.
- Kate Kiser's 30 assists paced the attack while the first-year also added four blocks to go with Lisa Sheldon's 20 digs.
WPI Match Highlights
- The Polar Bears held a 2-1 lead but couldn't close out WPI in a 17-25, 25-22, 17-25, 25-21, 15-13 defeat.
- Flaharty connected for 17 kills while Salle had 13 and Albright ten.
- Sheldon had 34 digs and three service aces for Bowdoin.
- Kate Kiser had 43 assists and 17 digs while Danielle Abrams led Bowdoin with three blocks.
- Bowdoin will close out their regular season next weekend with key NESCAC matches at Wesleyan (Friday, 8:00 p.m.) and at Conn. College (Saturday, 2:00 p.m.)