HARTFORD, Conn. - The Bowdoin College volleyball team cruised to a 3-0 sweep of Trinity on Friday night, extending their winning streak to three games.
The Polar Bears stand at 8-6 (5-1 NESCAC) this season while the Bantams (6-7, 0-5 NESCAC) remain winless in conference play.
- Bowdoin picked up the win with tidy game scores of 25-20, 25-17 and 25-19 to defeat the Bantams.
- With the Polar Bears holding a slim 17-16 lead in the first set, Bowdoin rolled off a 5-1 run, sparked by a service ace from Caroline Flaharty to pull away for a 25-20 win.
- In the second set another 5-1 run in the middle of the frame gave the Polar Bears some breathing room as Trinity could get no closer than four points for the remainder of the set in a 25-17 win.
- Bowdoin never trailed in the third, sprinting to a 9-3 edge. Trinity closed to within two points, 21-19, late, but Bowdoin finished off the match with a 4-0 run to clinch the 25-19 triumph.
By The Numbers
- Caroline Flaharty led all players with 12 kills in the victory.
- Lisa Sheldon had 10 digs and four service aces while Kate Kiser earned 19 assists and eight digs.
- Bowdoin took advantage of a rough night for Trinity as the Bantams committed 20 attack errors and ten service errors in the loss.
- Bowdoin heads to Amherst on Saturday for a 1:00 p.m. match