BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdooin volleyball team cruised to a commanding 3-0 victory over visiting Williams College on Friday night.
The Polar Bears (6-6. 3-1 NESCAC) and Ephs (5-7, 1-3 NESCAC) entered the matchup with identical records and an even 5-5 split in their previous ten meetings.
- Bowdoin swept the match with 25-18, 25-22, and 25-9 set scores to return to the win column.
- Williams trailed by as much as five at multiple points but crawled within striking distance through the first set to push the Polar Bears.
- In the second set Williams matched Bowdoin nearly point for point, as neither team could extend their lead beyond a single point midway through the set. It was only over the final five plays that Bowdoin extended its lead to take the second 25-22.
- Bowdoin opened the third with a 6-0 run behind back to back service aces from Emily King. The Ephs never pulled within five in the third and final set as the Polar Bears ran away with a 9-25 final.
By the Numbers
- Sydney Salle led both teams with 13 kills, followed by Caroline Flaharty with ten.
- Erin Denham paced the Ephs with eight kills.
- Kate Kiser put together 37 assists for Bowdoin, while Alex Newton had 17 for the visitors.
- Lisa Sheldon had 21 digs. Michelle Albright tallied four aces on the day while King followed closely behind with three.
- Bowdoin hosts Hamilton tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.