LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Bowdoin College volleyball team lost to the host team Transylvania and fourth-ranked Emory in their final day of the Transylvania Invitational Tournament on Saturday.
The Polar Bears fall to 5-6 on the season with the pair of losses to nationally-prominent squads. Transylvania is 9-4 while Emory stands at 11-1.
- Bowdoin hung well with the host team, but fell in three close sets 25-20, 25-21 and 27-25.
- Sydney Salle finished with 13 kills and three blocks while Caroline Flaharty had ten kills and ten digs.
- Lisa Sheldon had 23 digs while Kate Kiser (14 assists) and Lexie Freund (17) set the Bowdoin offense.
- The Polar Bears also challenged the nationally-ranked Eagles in three sets, falling 25-16, 25-21, 25-22.
- Kate Kiser dished out 32 assists, helping lead Flaharty to nine kills and Michelle Albright to seven.
- Sheldon had a team-high 15 digs for the Polar Bears
- Bowdoin will return to action next Friday and Saturday at home against Williams (8:00 p.m.) and Hamilton (1:00 p.m.)